Guidelines for Use of Vans/Cars
Revised October 2015
Guidelines to Determine Staff Use of District or Rental Vehicles
1. The need for a vehicle is initiated from the building secretary, staff member or administrator by contacting the vehicle coordinator at the Administration Center.
2. The following criteria will be used for assigning a district vehicle:
a. The requested travel is within 350 miles one way.
b. A district vehicle is available for use.
3. The following criteria will be used for initiating the use of a rental vehicle:
a. The requested travel is more than 350 miles one way.
b. A district vehicle is not available for use.
4. A form 163 Trip Log for Vehicles must be completed at the building level or by the vehicle coordinator.
5. If a rental vehicle is required, an application for a rental vehicle needs to be completed and forwarded to the rental vehicle coordinator. (a rental application can be found on line or contact the district business office)
6. The rental vehicle coordinator will secure a rental vehicle and will confirm all vital information with the requester. All rental vehicles are paid by the vehicle coordinator with the cost coming from the appropriate budget.
7. Only USD #308 employees may drive a school district vehicle.
8. Gas purchases are to be charged to your district purchasing card. Gas cards will only be issued to employees that do not have a district purchasing card.
9. The actual driver must print their name on the vehicle trip log.
10. District vehicles are not to be used for personal use or taken home at any time.