To help families get ready for the first days of school on Aug. 19 and 20, two vaccination clinics are planned by Hutchinson Public Schools for June and July.
These clinics are being held in collaboration with the Reno County Health Department. The clinics will be:
- Friday, June 19. 2 pm - 5 pm. Hutchinson High School’s Salthawk Activity Center
- Friday, July 24. 2 pm - 5 pm. HHS Salthawk Activity Center
The list of vaccinations required are at the bottom of this release or may be found at https://tinyurl.com/shots2020.
The goal of the clinics is to provide an opportunity for incoming seventh grade students and incoming juniors at HHS to receive required vaccinations
To receive vaccinations at shot clinic, parents must fill out form on district site https://tinyurl.com/usd308shots. The form also will also be available to fill out on site. Parents need to have their insurance card.
At the vaccination clinics, face masks are recommended but not required as part of COVID-19 precautions. Families are asked to practice social distancing.
Only the student receiving the shot and a guardian may come into the SAC.
Please remember that immunization must be on record with the school nurse before the first day of school to avoid exclusion. Students who have received your immunizations need to make sure their provider has shared that information with the student’s school.
K-12 vaccination requirements
- Five doses required. Doses should be given at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 15-18 months, and 4-6 years (prior to kindergarten entry). The fourth dose may be given as early as 12 months of age, if at least 6 months have elapsed since dose 3. The fifth dose is not necessary if the fourth dose was administered at age 4 years or older. A dose of Tdap is required at entry to seventh grade.
- Two doses required. Doses should be given at 12 months with a minimum interval of 6 months between the first and second dose.
- Three doses required. Doses should be given at birth, 1-2 months, and 6-18 months. Minimum age for the final dose is 6 months.
- Two doses required. Doses should be given at 12-15 months and 4-6 years (prior to kindergarten entry). Minimum age is 12 months and interval between doses may be as short as 28 days.
- Two doses required. Doses should be given at entry to seventh grade (11-12 years) and 11th grade (16-18 years). For children 16-18 years, with no previous MenACWY, only one dose is required.
- Four doses required. Doses should be given at 2 months, 4 months, 6-18 months, and 4-6 years (prior to kindergarten entry). Three doses are acceptable if third dose was given after 4 years of age and at least 6 months have elapsed since dose 2.
- Two doses are required. Doses should be given at 12-15 months and 4-6 years (prior to kindergarten entry). The second dose may be administered as early as 3 months after the first dose, however, a dose administered after a 4-week interval is considered valid. No doses are required when student has history of varicella disease documented by a licensed physician.
Legal alternatives to school vaccination requirements are found in K.S.A. 72-6262.